Sunday, May 15, 2011

lost in my mind

Hi friends, I'm extremely sorry about my hiatus. In approximately a week and a half I will take what is arguably the most important exam of my academic career. I have been stuffing my brain with biochemistry for the last month and now I'm attempting to pump myself up for this terrifying experience.

Anyway, all of my motivation to keep on keepin' on is music-based. Of course Bonnaroo is keeping me focused. I recently got my ticket in the mail and the schedule is officially up! So excited! Can't wait to report back to you about all of the great performances!

Without further ado, here are a couple of that I've been listening to:
Fleet Foxes
, Helplessness Blues- Such a great follow-up to there last record.
Nicki Bluhm, Driftwood- A great new find! Bluhm is kind of a folksy, bluesy, acoustic-y gal. Her husband Tim joins her on several of the songs which really balances it out.
Toots and the Maytals, Reggae got Soul- Classic Toots. He's a legend in the Reggae world and this album is a great intro into the genre. If you haven't really listened to Reggae, this is a great place to start.

No comments: