Sunday, October 25, 2009

and now for a life update

My left foot is currently recovering from being 'asleep'. I don't understand why that's what this horrible feeling is called.

Work is really boring as of late. The plants are switching production and as such we have nearly zero samples to analyze.

Confession: I have never been crafty. I remember in girl scouts making swap pins and absolutely HATING it. I thought it was dumb and pointless. Periodically I would try to change this and get obcessed with something until I burned myself out. I have a large collection of half-finished projects like friendship bracelets, nylon lanyard keychains, tote bags, latch hook rugs, and crocheted potholders.

Lately I have been exhibiting some strange symptoms. I have been found wondering local craft boutiques, actually working on the quilt I started over the summer, and perusing DIY/decorating websites (like http://www.designspongeonline.com/). I have this strange and intense urge to start making things with my own two hands. And maybe (hopefully) finishing them. I just don't know where to get started! There is so much that I could make. I'm going to try and stick with the quilt thing for a while and see where it takes me.

This has manifested itself into cooking as well. I love it! I don't really cook all that often, nor is it very elaborate, but I enjoy what I make, so...I'm trying to work my way through a cookbook. We'll see how this ends up.

And in other news, I've decided to volunteer with MOCSA again. I've had enough of a hiatus and it's time to serve.

And I'm listening to Blitzen Trapper. Ahh-sommme.

No comments: